special by R’unique
**made with love**
- 1 cup (115 grams) pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee powder(optional)
- 1 pound (450 grams)bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 3/4 cups (350 grams) granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170 grams) semisweet dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup (170 grams) white chocolate chips
- Sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth.Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the sugar and eggs until pale yellow and thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla extract. Fold in the dry ingredients to the chocolate batter and mix only until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the batter just until firm, about 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies for about 10 -12 minutes or just until set. The tops of the cookies will be cracked and shiny. It is important not to over bake these cookies or they will be dry.
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking