special by R’unique
- 4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- ¼ oz Package of Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Milk, slightly warm
- 1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
- In a saucepan, add the milk and butter and wait until the butter melts. /not too hot! (*120degrees)
- In the bowl of a standing mixer (with a dough hook), add the warm butter and milk mixture and add the yeast over the top. Wait for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, sugar, egg yolks and salt to the yeast mixture and mix until the flour is incorporated. (speed on low)
- Increase the speed to medium high and kneed the dough for about 5 to 7 min.
- Lightly grease a bowl with some olive oil and set aside.
- Once the dough is nice and smooth, form into a ball and place it seam side down in the oiled bowl and grease the top and sides of the dough with a little oil as well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it somewhere warm for about an hour or until it has almost doubled in size.
- Dump the dough onto your work surface, (flour it a little if necessary) and deflate it. Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Cover the dough pieces with a kitchen towel as you work with one piece at a time.
- Lightly grease a 9X13” baking dish with either butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- Take each piece of dough and roll it in a smooth ball, place the ball seam side down in the greased baking dish, cover the baking dish with a kitchen towel so that the formed buns won’t dry out.
- Once you have all the rolls in the baking dish, cover them with plastic wrap and allow them to sit in a nice warm place for about an hour or until they are about one and half times bigger than the original size.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and position one of the oven racks into the center of the oven.
- Once the rolls have risen, bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush them with melted butter immediately when they come out of the oven.
Recipe is adapted from Laura In The Kitchen
SO SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS!