special by R’unique
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing the pan
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cups “old-fashioned” oats
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease one or two baking sheets.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together in a mixing bowl (by hand with a wooden spoon or using a handheld electric mixer) until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a separate mixing bowl. Beat them into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop the batter by slightly mounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet(s).
- Bake until lightly browned on the bottom, 10 to 12 minutes.