special by R’unique
- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon (2 grams) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) powdered (confectioners or icing)sugar
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour with the salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and beat until smooth (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated. Flatten the dough into a disk shape, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill the dough for at least an hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Cut into rounds or other shapes using a lightly floured cookie cutter. Place on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. (This will firm up the dough so the cookies will maintain their shape when baked.)
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes, or until cookies are very lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.