special by R’unique
It was delicious!
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder(regular or Dutch-processed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) with the rack in the center of the oven. Lightly butter, or spray with a non stick vegetable spray, an 8-9 inch (20-23 cm) tart pan with a removable bottom.
- In a bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar until smooth (1-2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract and egg yolk. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Addthe flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and beat just until a dough forms.
- Press the shortbread dough in an even layer onto the bottom of the tart pan.Bake for about 20 -25 minutes, or just until the shortbread is set and no longer looks wet. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.